Saturday, April 18, 2009

A morning in the life of a 19-yr old. Or Not.

This one is for those of you who identify with morning blues. The one's who don't can continue being the one's who 'hold my bus'. (See 0725)
This is how the average day 'rolls'.

0600: My alarm(Glasgow Kiss-yeah baby!) goes off, invariably i'm too sound asleep to realize and the wake-up-tool is rendered useless.
0630: My mom runs into my room, wakes me up, which is a 5-minute process involving turning on the light(Yes, I can't go back to sleep then-it works)/ throwing a pillow at me(She says she's picking up the one that's fallen off the bed, but I know better)/ pouring a couple drops of cold water on my face, or just scaring me by telling me it's 7 and that I'll miss the bus(the last one works the best, mind you).
0650: I wake up, look at the time, and get what I think is the last five minutes of sleep, turns out to be more like 15,
0705: I practically jump off the bed and hurriedly freshen up in 10 minutes(Yes, I brush, shower, change and pack my bag that quick. no kidding), and mom yells to see that i'm actually finally awake, when I run down to eat some breakfast(weird porridge involving banana, oats, some museli and corn flakes), which is impossible to down in under 10 minutes, no matter how hard you try.
0723: I search all over for socks, find them, wear my shoes in under 15 seconds on average, and run out of the house checking to see that my pockets have my wallet, my phone and my ID card, in that order.
0725: Text message a friend 'Hold Bus' while I'm walking towards the bus stop only to the now yellow-coloured vehicle leaving, when I decide to run after and get on it a 100 yards away. My friends congratulate me on my achievement.
0730: Turn on the iPod. Sleep like a log.
0830: Wake up to see I'm in college and that I've a whole day ahead of me.


And that's just the morning.

This is what happens most days.
Some days, I miss the bus, frantically call dad up and ask him to drop me off at the next bus stop, where a bus that leaves later is my ride to college.
Some days, I get up reasonably on time. Some days. ;)
Some days, college just doesn't work. Most days :D

"All's well that ends well"

14 comments:

Respectful Disagreement said...

dude yours is way better.. sleep at 2.. wake up at 7.15.. go at eight.. and i have got to face bloody double hour classes and all shit..

worst of it all.. the last nine continuous saturdays have been working.. we are slowly being transformed into creatures who appreciate only one holiday per week..

Aditya said...

trust me, these are only mornings :D and this is on a good day :P

and I didn't mention sleeping. Anywhere between 11 p.m and 4 a.m :)

Arun said...

Do you really 'freshen up' in that ten minutes you get in your 'busy' schedule ?

Aditya said...

@ Arun,

You do realize that everything a person does in the morning can be done in 10 minutes, right?

It's SO much time.

Maybe you're just slow.

To answer your question, hell yeah!

Shyam Kumar said...

man is this what my routine is gonna be.??:X im a morning bluer too

Aditya said...

well, that depends on a lot of factors.
like The Mom, The Bus-holder, etc...

gayathri said...

terrible,just terrible timing...since i joined college, which is frm 2-6, i totally forgot how 7 o'clock looked...anyways,enjoy ur schedule...

Atulaa Krishnamurthy said...

well it sounds fun to me.
or maybe its just the school- missing facet of me talking.
nice blog :)

-atulaa

Respectful Disagreement said...

oh man.. tenth holidays were the times i couldnt recognise ten o clock in the morning.. now.. sitting and listening to people rant about crap and all.. mudiyala..

CookieCrumbsInc. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CookieCrumbsInc. said...

Morning blues..... I should probably get the Queen of Morning Blues title (expecting it any day now). All through school and my training period, my schedule was exactly the same, except that you have time till 7.30 when I had to be out by 6 :(...horrible in every sense of the word. Thankfully its over now... and my mornings start @ 10.30 now..

keep writing....

Aditya said...

@ Atulaa,
It's fun till it becomes way too repetitive to be anything but routine and boring.. Though it is fun to get real late and skip college once in a while.. Have to do this for another two whole years!

@Rotti,
You are only a year into it :D

@Priyanka,
School was worse. Had to leave for 'tuitions' at 5 in the morning and school was from 7-1.
I happen to realize that a lot of people I know aren't particularly 'Morning' people..

CookieCrumbsInc. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shyam Kumar said...

i can identify with that mate fresh from 12th in BVB.had kumar sir at 6 .always walked in late there.then late to school every single day.typical for BVBians like us :|